First and most important. We want everyone to have fun. The rules are here for guide lines and to keep it fun and safe. If any of you have questions please feel free to contact us at anytime.
- Tournament is scheduled for January 20, 2018from 7:00 am until 1:00 pm on Monument Lake, Monument, west of downtown. 24-hour pre-fishing catch and release allowed. No lake access allowed prior to 8:45 a.m. on the day of the tournament, starting at 9:00 a.m.
Anglers will be able to fish any where on Monument Lake. (Due to changing conditions there will be a map marked for any unsafe ice conditions. The staff can change these areas at anytime, as our first concern is the safety for all anglers. We plan to do everything we can to make this a great opportunity to fish the entire lake. Our staff will be working with the local authorities on making this event safe, fun, and exciting for everyone involved.
Anglers must provide their equipment. If special handicap arrangements, please contact 719-291-3500. We will have volunteers to make sure an ice hole is drilled for everyone to fish. We encourage all anglers to help each other, as we will have new anglers trying this great sport! We will have some tips and tricks for new anglers, as we get closer to the tournament. You may bring your own auger and drill your own ice holes. 2. The Ice Fishing Tournament will not be cancelled or postponed except for unsafe ice conditions. 3. Tournament prize winners are determined by the largest weight and in case of a tie the earliest time registered takes priority. Any species and size fish is eligible to win a prize. 4. Minors 8 to 15 years old are the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian that registered the minor. No children under 8 years old are permitted in the tournament ice fishing areas without an adult. There is a children’s fishing award class. 5. All fish must be registered by the person that caught them. You MAY NOT give a fish to another contestant to register. The weigh-in will be at designated shelters on the lake. 6. All fish must be brought to the Judges shelter immediately after caught, and be alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that the fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. In the event deception is detected, the contestant’s prize will go directly to the next fish weight and size caught. 7. Contestants are responsible for verification of the weight of the fish at the time of weigh-in. A staff member must certify all weigh-ins. Fish release holes are located at the weigh stations.
- The end of the tournament will conclude with via sound system at 1:00 PM. The contestant must be on the way to the Judges stand by 1:00 PM for live caught fish verification and weigh in with their final fish. Only one fish can be brought at a time. Best of Luck! 9. There will be a leader board located in the weigh-in shelters and a final at the registration area. All efforts will be made to keep the board(s) up to date and accurate. 10. Contestants will all start at the registration area and will be able to shot gun start out to their fishing areas at 9:00 am. We will have a starting area for all anglers. This is a great time to enjoy and share your fishing stories with your friends and family. We want to make this fun time and honor our Wounded Warriors and their families. Please be careful when departing for your fishing area, watch for ice-holes, and do not re-FILL the ice-hole with ice and snow. We always want everyone to use good fishing ethics and enjoy the day. 11. The cost of this tournament is $30.00 adult 16 years and older, $50.00 two adults, and $10.00 minor 8 to 15 years old, mail-in registrations please post-marked by January 16, 2018. Registrations postmarked and received after January 17, 2018, will be at “Will Call”. No refunds will be given for any reason. Online sales will end at Midnight on January 20, 2018. Come early starting at 7:00 am to Register at the Registration Table on January 20, 2018.
- All laws of the State of Colorado and the Colorado Parks and Wildlife will be abided by.
- All fish caught will immediately be released back into the lake after registered, no exceptions. There will be CLAM Shelter(s) for a release point for the fish at the official weigh-in areas.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times. BE AWARE AT ALL TIMES for open ice holes. Parents of Minors do not allow your children to run on the ice or play running games, injuries may occur. 15. Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Taxes, registration, transportation and all incidental or sequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the participants. Any prizes not claimed within 14 days of the Ice Fishing Tournament shall be forfeited.
There is a Minor first through third place prize category. No Minor participation in the Adult prize contest is permitted.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area other than contest officials and Town of Monument and Rescue personnel. Any contestant bringing a motor vehicle within 50 yards of the contest perimeter may be disqualified. Please call 719-291-3500 for handicap access information. 17. Contestants are required to park in the areas provided. Watch for Monument Lake signs at the I-25 exits north Hwy 105 left continue straight on Second Street west, south exit Hwy 105 left turn on Second Street west. Second Street west across railroad tracks to Mitchell Road, left turn very short distance right turn (small sign Monument Lake) on dirt road, follow down to lake. There is parking near the lake; all over flow parking must park above the lake near the entrance. Contestants are encouraged to car pool and use the buddy system. There are no shuttles. Park in parking spaces at the lake front all others will be directed by Tournament Parking Personnel. No parking on the entrance road to lake it must remain open and clear for emergency vehicles. No parallel parking at water edge, an emergency passage MUST be maintained at all times. Never park a long lakefront Town of Monument ordinance. OVERFLOW parking Mitchell Road on the east side, Town of Monument new Parking Lot. No parking either side along Mitchell Road. 18. Anglers bring your fishing equipment rod, reel, bait and jigs. Limited special arrangements for rod, reel and jig can be made a head of tournament day. Loss of rod and reel will be the responsibility of the person losing it through an ice hole or carelessness. Payment of $60.00 for replacement is made to Wounded Warrior USA before at end of tournament day 1:00 pm. 19. Anyone wanting tips and fishing reports meet for a pre-huddle group near the registration tables at 8:00 a.m. 20. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules subjects the contestants to disqualification and removal from the competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse or revoke a competition vest to anyone is hereby reserved by the contest officials. 21. Volunteer members directly involved with the contest on the tournament day are eligible for contest prizes THEY MUST HAVE PAID THE ENTRY FEE.
- All contestants and others here-by consent to the use of any photographs or likeness of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to media print, radio, television, internet, and other media coverage.
- Wounded Warrior USA outreach program thanks you for supporting our efforts to provide fishing trips in the Rocky Mountain Region to Rehabilitating Wounded Soldiers and Gold Star Families. Our request is that you remove all your trash, including cigarette butts, from the ice when you leave. No glass containersand no alcohol allowed in the contest area. Any glass containers and alcohol shall be confiscated and you will forfeit the tournament. Waste containers are provided off the ice and weigh-in shelters on the ice.